Information about student health and forms applicable to students requiring medication

Clinic Staff

Phone Number

At Churchill Road ES, we recognize that health and wellness play an important role in overall student success. The staff of our school clinic takes care of illnesses and injuries that occur during the school day, administers prescribed medications to students, conducts hearing/vision screenings and more. 

When to Keep a Child Home

  • Please keep your child home if he or she is sick for 24 hours after symptoms subside without medication.
  • Students will be sent home from school if they have the following:
    • Fever of 100.4 degrees or higher
    • Vomiting
    • Diarrhea
    • Undiagnosed/unidentified rash
  • Please be specific with symptoms on absence line, these are used to track illness county-wide.
  • Please provide a doctor’s note if the student is out for 3 days/more and if they will need accommodations when returning-- i.e., broken leg.

Health Information Form

The Health Information Form is to be completed by the parent or guardian at the start of each school year. The completed form is to be returned to the school clinic.

Prescription Medications

Children who need to take medication during school hours must have a signed Medication Authorization, Release, and Indemnification Form. Prescription medications require the signature of both the parent and the physician. Inhalers and EpiPens require authorization forms.

Over-the-counter Medications

Over-the-counter (OTC) medications are drugs that can be purchased without a doctor's prescription and are used for the relief of symptoms on a temporary basis. With parent and physician authorization, OTC medications may be given on an "as needed" basis throughout the school year. Parents may authorize limited use for 10 consecutive days with a completed Medication Authorization Form. Examples include antihistamines for allergic reactions.

With parent permission using the Medication Authorization Form, certain OTC medications may be given on an "as needed" basis throughout the school year only as a pain reliever for headaches, muscle aches, menstrual cramps, or orthodontic pain. The medication must be supplied by the parent in its original container. Examples include Tylenol, Advil, Pamprin, and aspirin.

Transport of Medications to and from School

Parents must transport medications to and from school. All medications must be kept in the clinic and taken under adult supervision.

Scheduling Medical Appointments

Please make every effort to schedule appointments outside of school hours. When this is not possible, please send a note to the school on the morning of the appointment stating the time the child will be picked up. For safety reasons, parents must sign out children in the office.

Release of Student from School

Only those individuals designated on the Emergency Care Information form will be contacted either to excuse or take your student home. If the clinic contacts you to excuse your student from school, the clinic must have voice contact with the responsible adult to dismiss the student from school grounds. In an emergency, 911 will be called prior to contacting the parent.