School Innovation & Improvement Plan
An at-a-glance look at outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan at a Glance
Churchill Road Elementary School
Cherith Pierson, Principal
English Language Arts
- By June 2024, the percentage of students in Grades K-3 meeting Spring reading screener benchmark (LLS/PALS/iReady) will increase by at least 5 percentage points.
- Expand access to evidence-based tier 1 instruction as well as intervention for students demonstrating risk in a multi-tiered system of supports. (HLP 1-5)
- Expand use of skills-based grouping to ensure students demonstrate mastery of foundational skills. (HLP 2, 5)
- By June 2024, the percentage of students in Grades K-6 meeting Spring math screener benchmark (EMAS/iReady) will increase by at least 3 percentage points.
- Increase teacher implementation of explicit instruction and other components of effective mathematics intervention.
Academic Growth and Excellence
By June 2024 100% of students in Kindergarten and Grades 1, 2, 3, 4 will continue their "POG-POL Journey" and have the opportunity to reach proficiency in Criterion 1 and 3 based on the POG POL Rubric. 100% of the students in grades 5 and 6 will continue their "POG-POL Journey" and have the opportunity to reach proficiency in Criterion 1 ,2, and 3 based on the POG POL Rubric and recorded in RUBI.
- Increase opportunities for student reflection, goal-setting, and feedback that supports growth.
- Expand opportunities for students to regularly learn about, apply, and reflect on POG skills aligned with course content.